Tanning accelerators work by stimulating the production of melanin in your cells. The more melanin you have, the darker your skin tone gets. The best accelerator tanning lotion is that which can be used inside and outside. They should also be enriched with moisturizers and vitamins that are essential for the health of your skin. They cannot, however, replace sunscreen; when used outside, accelerators need to be used in conjunction with sun protectant.
What to Look for in a Great Accelerator Tanning Lotion
There are actually different categories of accelerator lotions that you can choose from when you want to achieve a beautiful tan that will last a long time. Knowing what these categories are can help you immediately narrow down your many options to those that you are most interested in and are actually right for your skin.
Here is a basic breakdown of the different types of accelerator tanning lotions available:
- Bronzers: Probably the most well-known and popular of all of the accelerators, a bronzer can definitely provide amazing results. The ingredients in a bronzer are designed to provide you with a dark tan that will last a long time, and the best part is that your tan will keep developing after your tanning session is over. Just be sure to apply these products evenly for the best results.
- Maximizer: You can easily find many maximizer products out there. These are your basic accelerators, and they are great for those who have pale skin or whose skin is sensitive. In other words, when you are first starting out getting a tan, buying a product that is labeled as an accelerator or a maximizer can help you achieve great results. These products are designed to help you create a nice base tan that you can then build upon over time. They won’t have any bronzer ingredients, and they won’t tingle (more on that below).
- Tingle: Before explaining what tingle lotions are, it is important to note that unfortunately, these products aren’t a good idea for beginners or individuals who have sensitive skin. But if you want to enjoy a nice tingling sensation when you apply your accelerator tanning lotion, you can opt for a tingle lotion. Once you apply these products as directed, you should start to feel your skin tingling, which is a sign that the ingredients are working on bringing more blood to your skin’s surface. This, in turn, helps to increase the effects created by the UV rays that your skin is exposed to during your tanning session. In the end, these lotions help you get a darker tan in a shorter amount of time.
A Short List of the Top Accelerator Tanning Lotions
To help you choose the right accelerator, here is a list of five tanning accelerators that are considered to be the best products in the industry.
Table of Contents
- 1 The Best Accelerator Tanning Lotions For Fair Skin
- 1.1 1. John Abate Mango Flambe Tres Hot Tanning Accelerator
- 1.2 2. Millenium Tanning New Paint It Black Tanning Lotion
- 1.3 3. Australian Gold Accelerator Lotion
- 1.4 4. Darksyde Pitch Black Ultimate Silicone Bronzer
- 1.5 5. Designer Skin Pretty and Reckless Extreme Tanning Intensifier
- 2 Verdict
The Best Accelerator Tanning Lotions For Fair Skin
|John Abate Mango Flambe Tres Hot Tanning Accelerator|
|Millenium Tanning New Paint It Black Tanning Lotion|
|Australian Gold Accelerator|
1. John Abate Mango Flambe Tres Hot Tanning Accelerator
The Mango Flambe is a great product that delivers a darker, deeper tan than most. This tanning lotion is hot, tingly, with very lovely scent and it makes your skin feel like silk. For most users, this lotion provides intense heat sensation but for serious tanners it should not be a major issue. Just keep in mind that, if you are looking for a tingle lotion and you are an advanced tanner, you might not get enough of a tingling sensation from this product. Generally, it provides a slight tingle, but this may depend on the user. So, if you’re ready to start trying tingle lotions, this might be a good place to start.
For people with low tolerance to Hot Epidermal Stimulation, be warned that you will need good base tan to use this product. If used directly after exercise or shower/bath it may cause the skin circulation to be rapidly increased, causing more redness and heat than comfortable. The heat of John Abate’s Mango Flambe will subside as the day progresses, leaving your skin with a sensuous bronze glow. It’s not recommended for face use.
2. Millenium Tanning New Paint It Black Tanning Lotion
This product is often prescribed for novice tanners who are not sure how the tanning process works or how long is too long. Millennium’s Paint It Black tanning lotion applies evenly, dries quickly and smells of vanilla. The tan might be a little bit extreme for darker colors, but this has not dissuaded a lot of people who use it.
Those who use it love the fact that it produces results very fast, applies evenly and dries quicker than most.
Millennium’s Paint It Black tanning lotion can be used on all skin types. It does, however, reach differently according to the user’s skin hue.
Cheaper than most products, it is commonly recommended by beauticians and often makes it into the top ten five best accelerators on the market.
Who is it for?
Though this solution suits all skin types, it is recommended that you should pick a solution based on how dark you want to go and on your skin type.[Read full reviews]
3. Australian Gold Accelerator Lotion
Nothing says tanning accelerator like Australian Gold Accelerator Lotion. You can tell it’s ready to do business with your skin by the no-frills bottle. Australian Gold products are regarded as the best tanning products on the market. This one comes highly recommended for its efficiency, as well as its price.
This product is designed only to help you achieve a deeper tan whilst enriching your skin with essential oils and vitamins. It glides smoothly and has a very pleasant smell.
It could very well be the cheapest tanning accelerator lotion in the market. However, this product has a strong smell that might put off some people.
Who is it for?
This product works on all skin types, even sensitive skin that often react badly to some of the ingredients found in tanning products.
4. Darksyde Pitch Black Ultimate Silicone Bronzer
Although this product is called a bronzer, it is often categorized with accelerators because it helps create a golden shade quickly, like most accelerators.
It is not the cheapest lotion on the market, but it compares well with most bronzers in terms of creating a glow quickly and price.
There are a few things to like and not like about this self-tanning lotion. Most people enjoy the smell and the fact that it dries relatively quick without leaving the skin sticky.
Some people have noted that their tan had an orange hue. That could be because of the DHA.
Who is it for?
This product is great for anyone looking for a great tan for a moderate price.
5. Designer Skin Pretty and Reckless Extreme Tanning Intensifier
This tanning lotion is popular among women who are first drawn to it because of the cute bottle with the pink bow and the champagne smell that lingers on your skin.
Enriched with Vitamin E and Shea butter, this lotion makes the skin feel soft and smooth. Tanning may affect body art, but this lotion has an anti-fade ingredient, protecting any tattoos from fading. Best of all is the Skin RehabTM technology that contains antioxidants which work to protect the skin from harmful free radicals.
It is a great product and is often recommended for people who are beginners when it comes to self-tanning. This tanning intensifier will leave your skin moist, refreshed and glowing, and you never have to worry about your tattoos fading.
Who is it for?
This lotion is popular with people who love their tattoos and do not want to diminish the quality of the art on their skin as it gets darker. For the most part, users find that it helps to achieve a deeper tan in a short amount of time.[Read full reviews]
Those are just a few tanning accelerators. Some are labeled as bronzers, but when used in conjunction with other products, they actually accelerate the tanning process. Tanning lotions are manufactured all the time by different manufacturers. What we have provided are just five newer best accelerator tanning lotions that have come into the market. It is ultimately up to you to make your choice. As you shop, consider what your skin is like, such as how sensitive it is and how much of a tan you already have. Check ingredients, consider reading customer reviews, and think about what you really want out of an accelerator, whether you want a really deep tan or you want to get color more quickly. With the right shopping strategy in place, and your personal needs in mind, you’re sure to find a product that you’ll love.