So you’re wondering how to make tanning lotion?
Studies have shown that using sunless tanning products are made of very dangerous materials that can cause melanomas. However, there is a way that you can keep your skin safe without overexposure to harmful UV ray and sunless tanning product filled with toxic chemicals. It is an all-natural tanning cream that doesn’t stink as much as UV tanning creams.
When summer is around the corner, everyone wants to be bronze. Some people are very lucky to be born with an everlasting tan. Most of us have to work very hard to get that perfect shade of brown. Some of us spend a lot of money to keep the tan.
If you can afford a tan bed, then good for you. However, overexposure to UV rays from tanning beds or the sun may wreak havoc on your skin.
The added benefit aside from being very natural is that this concoction is very cheap. When it comes to the cost, you will find that the combined cost of the ingredients is very little. When juxtaposed with artificial tanning creams, they cost very little. Also you can vary the ingredients if you so choose.
Table of Contents
Benefits of making your own sun tan lotion
- You avoid the ugly orange that comes with artificial tanning creams.
- The recipe is customizable and you can come up with different colours.
- It is very inexpensive when compare to store bought products.
- The recipe is chemical free.
In order to get the full benefits of the tanning lotion, you have to apply in a very specific way according to the way the lotion is made.
Cocoa Powder Sunless Tanning Lotion
This lotion is very popular because it is very easy to make. You only need two ingredients namely unscented lotion (white) and 100 percent pure cocoa powder. Keep in mind that this powder has to be pure or the mix won’t work.
- Unscented white lotion.
- 100% pure cocoa powder.
- Combine half a cup of the unscented lotion with a third of the pure cocoa powder.
- Mix the concoction thoroughly breaking any clumps. In order to ensure that it is mixed well, blend the mix (ensure you clean the jug when you do).
- To get the desired colour, you can alter it by adding the cocoa powder to it. The concoction will appear darker than it would on your skin.
- Apply the lotion evenly on your body.
- Use daily for consistent results.
- In order to preserve the lotion, put it either in a Tupperware or an empty lotion bottle.
- Use a moisturizing lotion to enjoy added benefits.
- You should always exfoliate before applying the lotion.
- To play around with the shade of the concoction you can vary the amounts of the ingredients. If it is too dark, then you can add more lotion. If it is too light for your liking, then add more cocoa. To avoid lightening it too much, you have to know that it is dark before you apply it.