Ever wanted to get the benefits of tan without leaving the comforts of your home? Tanning outdoors or spending months in the tanning salon to get a tan is great, but not everyone will have the time or money to use these methods. These ways often come with some risks attached.
If you are one of them who doesn’t want to tan indoor or outdoor using these methods, self-tanning lotions are great alternatives. Jergens has provided the best of both tanning and moisturizing by coming up with a range of products which gives you a gradual tan as well as moisturize the skin. Read more for our best Jergens tanning lotion reviews.
Table of Contents
- 1 Jergens Tanning Lotion
- 2 Sunless Tanning
- 3 How Do The Sunless Tanning Products Work?
- 4 The Best Way To Apply These Products
- 5 Top 3 Best Jergens Tanning Lotion Reviews On the Market
- 6 Conclusion
Jergens Tanning Lotion
|Jergens Glow Daily Moisturizer Med to Tan|
|Jergens Natural Glow + Firming Daily Moisturizer Medium to Tan Skin Tones|
|Jergens Natural Glow Firming Moisturizer, Fair to Medium Skin Tones|
It is a commonly used method in modern times without spending hours in the sun. People with special skin conditions cannot spend hours in the sun. They can choose to get than tan with the lotions. Sunless tanning lotions vary widely and cater to different skin types. They protect you from harmful UV rays. Doctors are recommending self-tanning lotions over exposing our skin to harmful ultra violet rays by sunbathing or in a tanning salon.
How Do The Sunless Tanning Products Work?
These products come in many intensities – in the form of lotions, creams and sprays. They contain DHA, (dihydroxyacetone). It is a color additive which darkens the dead skin on the epidermis to create a dark tan. Most of these products do not contain sunscreen. It is advised to apply sunscreen regularly if you want to use it outdoors.
The Best Way To Apply These Products
- Exfoliate your skin to remove any dead cells.
- Protect your eyebrows by applying petroleum jelly. This will prevent the tan from discoloring your eyebrow and eyelashes.
- Tie your hair with a hairband to keep your hair away from your face and body.
- Shave a few hours before you apply lotions.
- You have applied it, take a washcloth or tissue and wipe the skin gently on the wrist, top of the feet, knees and elbows without rubbing off the product. This is a little hack that will give you an even tan.
- Be sure to wash your hands thoroughly. If not, your hands may look orange after a few hours.
- If it is a safe light formula like Jergens, leave it as long as possible, preferably overnight (the longer you leave it the better). Take shower once you wake up and you will have a nice colored tan.
- Use it regularly to maintain the color as it tends to fade away if not used regularly.
Top 3 Best Jergens Tanning Lotion Reviews On the Market
There are many sunless tanning products today. One of the safest ranges of such products is offered by Jergens to build a fake tan. They are popular for the color and how it claims to improves the skin. We have put some of these lotions to test here and reviewed it below by listing the pros and cons of all these products so you can choose for yourself.
1. Jergens Glow Daily Moisturizer Med to Tan
This daily use moisturizer by Jergens is a popular choice over all other sunless tanning lotions. Its unique formula slowly builds a gradual natural looking tan on your skin. It takes about 3-5 uses to notice a real change in your skin tone.
- Gradually infuses a blend of moisturizers, antioxidants and Vitamin E through its penetrating formula.
- The DHA and erythrulose provide a gradual color development which creates a natural looking summer glow in less than a week.
- The botanical blend of the antioxidant mix, which delivers the right amount of color needed to enrich the overall appearance of your skin. This product provides a natural color that lasts longer than other sunless tanners in the market.
- It is available in two tones, fair to medium and medium to tan.
- It can be used as a regular lotion everyday with the added advantage of a glowing tan.
- Use the moisturizer sparingly on elbow, knee and knuckles as these areas are dry and absorb more product and look uneven.
- It has a very light scent compared to other gradual tanners which have a strong smell.
- Do not use it on your face, there is a different glow moisturizer just for the face.
2. Jergens Natural Glow + Firming Daily Moisturizer Medium to Tan Skin Tones
This is a good alternative for those who do not like the feel of a self-tanner. It gives you a safe tan compared to spending hours in the sun. If you are someone who burns easily, this is a good option to get a good brown tan.
- This medium to tan tone moisturizer creates a natural looking, flawless tan. This clinically proven formula reduces the appearance of cellulite in less than 7 days by moisturizing into a firm glow.
- The collagen and elastin formula tightens your skin visibly with each use.
- It is made in the USA
- It is a medium consistency moisturizer which rubs evenly when applied.
- Apply it smoothly on the skin until you feel a slight resistance, it is a sign the product is working. Wash your hands right after applying. Get dressed a few minutes after applying as the product might transfer if it hasn’t dried.
- This product is no odor formula which may everyone may not prefer.
3. Jergens Natural Glow Firming Moisturizer, Fair to Medium Skin Tones
This is a product designed for people with pale or lighter tone. They are often the ones who struggle to build a base tan or hint of tan. This American made product is a sure hit among people with light skin tone.
- This is a good choice for people if you feel like other tanning lotions are patchy on your skin tone. Most bronzers what added colors which look different on each skin tone.
- This product designed for fair skin adds a hint of glow tan and dims the appearance of cellulite and dimpling on your problem areas. This makes the skin look smooth and flawless.
- The formula contains collagen and elastin which helps firm your skin.
- This is one of those rare products that don’t leave white or uneven patches when rubbed on light skin.
- The smell of this product is light and may not be preferred by some.
These products are being recommended much more nowadays. Why go through such an elaborate process when you can get similar results spending a few minutes daily? Fake it till you make it, applies rightly in this case. A golden bronze tan is a goal.
Jergens has been the industry leader making effective moisturizers for years. We can’t stress the importance of a well moisturized skin for tanning. With our picks for the best Jergens tanning lotion reviews, you can be confident that you enjoy the double benefits.